2015 Conference Programme
IDEA Summit’s Steering Committee defined and steered the content of the IDEA Summit 2015 Conference Program at their last meetings.
IDEA Summit 2015 presented for its 3rd edition a rich and diverse programme around 4 panel discussions covering the topics of translational research on diabetes and the intensification of the relations between academia and industry.
Let’s have a look at the hot topics that will be discussed during IDEA Summit 2015.
Pre-competitive consortia & bilateral collaborations:
are these classic models enough to speed up innovation?
This session will discuss:
- Whether pre-competitive consortia & bilateral collaborations are complimentary? How does one lead to the other?
- What are the pros & cons, viagra sale the outputs of each model?
- Whether these 2 models are enough for translating research faster or is an alternative model needed in order to speed up innovation?
How to bridge the gap between research and clinic:
an overview of national initiatives
This session will focus on:
- An overview of different models at national levels
- How to get the healthcare systems more involved in diabetes research
- Find the missing pieces of the puzzle: which projects should be initiated in order to make people work together and fasten translation (national & European level)
Patient empowering: how can they get more involved
in future treatment solutions and funding diabetes research?
A panel formed by patient organizations, order industry and government representatives will tackle:
How can patient groups become stronger and more involved in diabetes research?
Why aren’t there any patient groups for diabetes type II and how to arise awareness among those concerned?
What roles do patient groups play today (overcome regulatory hurdles, bring attention to the disease…) and what could their role be tomorrow?
CeeD Workshop – Beta cells and type 1 diabetes treatment:
from bench to bed side
Most successful/innovative start-ups & SMEs in 2014/2015 in diabetes:
find out their success story and financing map
Learn more about the strategic objectives of IDEA Summit
from Tomas Landh, Novo Nordisk
Continue your tour