2013 Conference Programme
Registration and coffee Welcome
8:00 – 8:45am
Major breakthrough in diabetes: What is needed?
Views from industry and academia.
- The view from academia: What is needed for key advances in diabetes today. What are the great challenges? (Stefano DEL PRATO, University of Pisa)
- The view from big pharma: Big pharma’s great challenges in diabetes research. What we would like from academia in terms of research areas, collaborative efforts etc (Allan KARLSEN, Novo Nordisk)
Can we identify bottlenecks/gaps
preventing a major breakthrough in diabetes ?
Marc DONATH, University Hospital of Basel
Allan KARLSEN, Novo Nordisk
Philip JUST-LARSEN, Sanofi
Henning BECK-NIELSEN, University of Southern Denmark
Translation in diabetes : Can we strenglenth collaborations ?
Chairperson: Patrick TRICOLI
Presentation of some tools that may act as facilitators between academy and industry.
- Open Innovation at Sanofi (Ulrich WENDT, Sanofi)
- Open Innovation initiative in US (Stephen FRIEND, Sage Bionetworks)
- How can biobanks contribute? (Tim SPROSEN, University of Oxford)
What has to happen now? The way forward?
Chairperson: Sylvie BOVE
- Bridging the gap in Germany: Spinnovator and other novel tools to expedite value creation in healthcare (Christian STEIN, Ascenion)
- Strategies for capturing regional, national, European and international funding programs for diabetes reserch (Horst DOMDEY, BioM Biotech, Cluster Development GmbH)
- New financial instruments for technology transfer (Matthieu COUTET, Iserm Transfert Initiative)
What are the next steps?
Can we propose initiatives with potential to bridge the gaps?
Stephen FRIEND, Sage Bionetworks
Leif GROOP, Lund University
Sven ROHMANN, Burrill & Co
Christian STEIN, Ascenion
Matthias TSCHÖP, Helmholtz Diabetes Center
Olivier ARNAUD (JDRF)
Continue your tour